We finally got our complete kit for the whole suspension on the PRO XP model RZRs. This kit is made to replace all of the improperly shanked bolts that Polaris used on the suspension of these RZRs!
This kit includes grade 10.9 M12 bolts for all of the following:
- All 8 shock bolts. Front / Rear Upper & Lower
- All 8 radius rod bolts. Chassis side & trailing arm side
- All 8 front control arm bolts.
- Both trailing arm mounts on the chassis.
- All 8 rear knuckle mounts on the trailing arms.
- Also included are all new yellow zinc coated hardened washers & all metal top locking stover nuts (not nyloc nuts like other kits)
This kit was created out of demand from our customers who needed the proper bolts so they could rely on their machines down the road. You may not notice issues now but all of these problems are long term and once problems appear the repair bill to fix it is going to be more than the cost of this kit!!
The shank length on the OEM bolts are too short!!
With suspension components you always want a bolts shank to go through both sides of the mounts for that suspension component. Thus putting all of the load onto the strongest part of the bolt which is the shank! By not having a bolts shank long enough to go all the way through both sides of the mounts it puts the load of your impacts onto the weakest part of the bolt, which is where the bolt changes from shank to threads! Over time this will start to wallow/oblong out the side of your mounts that has only threads and not shank through it. Ultimately creating even more play than is originally there and the problems will only compound from there! Bent bolts, broken bolts, bent suspension components, the list goes on and on!
Don’t let this happen to your machine!